Time and again, health practitioners and experts have been urging individuals to include certain foods in their diets to help prevent infections.
Well, the fact remains that various foods play a fundamental role in preventing diseases. Just like other foods, coconut oil has a critical role in staving off infections.
Nearly half of fatty acids in coconut oil are the carbon-12 Lauric Acid. Additionally, when coconut oil is digested enzymatically, a monoglyceride called monolaurin is formed. Both monolaurin and lauric acid kill pathogens. Such pathogens include viruses, fungi and bacteria.
For instance, the two substances have proven to kill very perilous pathogens like bacteria Staphylococcus Aureus. Besides, it has shown to kill the most common cause of yeast infections, yeast Candida Albicans.
Most importantly, coconut oil prevents heart-related ailments. Such include heart diseases, stroke, atherosclerosis, and high blood pressure. Additionally, it staves off diabetes. Better yet, it relieves the symptoms as well as the health risks associated with diabetes.
Besides, protection against osteoporosis is one of the coconut oil benefits. The components of the oil are known to kill or suppress viruses that cause various diseases. For instance influenza, herpes, mononucleosis, measles, and other ailments. Also, the oil helps cut off the severity of problems related to malabsorption syndrome as well as cystic fibrosis.
The role of coconut oil in staving off infections has not stopped in preventing the above infections only. It helps relieve symptoms associated with a few illnesses. For example, it relieves symptoms related to pancreatitis and gallbladder disease.
- Relieve symptoms related to Crohn’s disease, stomach ulcers, and ulcerative colitis.
- Relieve irritation and pain that come as a result of hemorrhoids
- Reduces chronic inflammation
- Prevents Periodontal disease
- Prevents tooth decay
- Protects the body from various cancers such as colon, breast, and others
- Reduces epileptic seizures
- Protects against bladder infections
- Protects against kidney disease
- Prevents liver disease
- Staves off various skin infections
- Wards off dandruff
- Cuts off symptoms that come alongside psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema
- Prevents pneumonia, urinary tract infections, throat infections, gonorrhea, and other diseases by killing their causative bacteria.
Ideally, coconut oil is worth every human being’s choice. If at all you are an enthusiast of the happy life that goes hand in hand with healthy life, then investing in coconut oil should be paramount. The truth is said; coconut oil benefits are many.
Health and Beauty / February 17, 2017